£24000 - £24058 per annum + Great Benefits
27 days ago
C2 Charity Recruitment
Store Manager - Growing Charity Retailer
Salary £24,058 per annum (£12.50 p/h) plus great benefits
Full Time 37 hours per week 5/7 days to include weekends.
Are you an experienced commercial retail manager?
Our Charity Partner are the largest regional cancer charity in England. This is an exciting time to join them in the role of Shop Manager in Hornbeam, Harrogate as they are entering an exciting growth period. With newly created roles becoming available within Head Office and in shops, this really is a great opportunity for an ambitious and forward-thinking Store Manager.
As the Charity Shop Manager, you will play a key role in running the beautiful Hornbeam shop, recruiting volunteers, and sorting and merchandising donated goods.
Reporting to the Retail Area Manager your role will be to lead a paid Deputy Shop Manager and a team of volunteers to raise funds to invest in the charity's strategic goals and to ensure the smooth running of the shop long-term.
- Create a welcoming professional atmosphere and deliver high standards of customer service for all customers and supporters.
- Manage and be accountable for implementing and complying with agreed shop operating policy and standards including Health and Safety and Trading Standards.
- Be responsible for ensuring the shop is presented to the highest standards with attractive visual merchandising and displays.
- Attract and recruit a team of new volunteers, ensuring they are well trained and take every effort to create a welcoming and happy environment.
- Be responsible for ensuring the team are working towards achieving all key performance indicators.
- Have Line manager responsibility for assistant manager, working together to ensure there is management cover and sufficient volunteers to operate all trading hours.
- Ensure there is accurate accounting and handling of assets (items donated and money received).
- Be responsible for ensuring accurate record keeping of items donated and the amount paid for each item for Gift Aid tax reclaim purposes.
- Be able to prepare and complete all shop administration including cash handling and banking functions to the highest standard, accurately and on time, always adhering to charity policy and procedures.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous retail management experience in charity sector or commercial retail sector is desirable.
- Experience of managing people/volunteers including recruitment and development.
- Experience of meeting and exceeding targets within a retail environment.
- Experience of opening new shops would be beneficial.
- To be highly organised with good time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to motivate self and others.
- Demonstrably strong planning, guiding and motivation skills to successfully achieve targeted income is desirable.
- Good written and numeric skills are desirable.
Our charity partner offers all employees a wide range of benefits including an enhanced contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (increasing to 30 days after 5 years' service), flexible working arrangements, private medical insurance, enhanced maternity leave, career progression, learning and development, wellbeing initiatives, offices within walking distance of Hornbeam Park train station, free onsite parking and a whole lot more. They also commit to paying the Real Living Wage as a minimum to all employees.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and driven Assistant Shop/Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager/Shop Manager to work with a dynamic and growing retail charity who really value their people.
If you feel this role would be ideal for you then please apply today with a copy of your CV.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
To view other great vacancies please visit out website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities in:
Buying & Merchandising and Ecommerce | Charity & Non Profit | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Hospitality, Catering & Leisure | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Office & Administration | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade and Luxury Operations | Senior Appointments & Executive | Sales & FMCG | Supply Chain & Logistics & Warehouse.