Up to £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits!
8 days ago
Junior Sous Chef
Our client is is an 82 bedroom, 4-star Hotel and Spa. Perfectly located on the waterside near Oswestry, Shropshire it's a perfect setting for a relaxing stay, dining, spa getaways and business travel. Our mission is to be the number one choice by consistently providing the highest levels of hospitality, with passion for exceptional guest care delivered by enthusiastic and knowledgeable team with a commitment to make difference each day.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Sous Chef to join our busy kitchen. We're looking for a professional who is dedicated to food quality and sets high standards for their output. The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role, or will be looking to take the next step in their career (from Senior Chef de Partie or equivalent). A flexible approach to work is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure consistent and smooth running of food production
- Ensure that working areas are always kept clean
- Assist other kitchen staff as need arises
- Supervise performance of kitchen staff to ensure proper activity
- Perform other administrative tasks as communicated by superiors
- Ensure that required standards are adhered to in the production and preparation of food - in quality, quantity and safety
- Work towards exceeding customer's expectation by encouraging and promoting high level of service
- Ensure all complaints, enquiries, and suggestions by customers are attended to accordingly
- Give appropriate support or guidance to members of kitchen when need arises
- Resolve possible disputes within the kitchen and report any unresolved
- Promote good team spirit regularly
- Ensure all dishes are prepared according to specification and served at the correct quality, portion size, and temperature
- Report the need for maintenance to appropriate staff
- Maintain high standard of personal appearance and hygiene including wearing and maintaining a clean uniform at all times.
- Follow all company policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook including any department specific procedures such as cash handling and credit procedures.
- Be aware of and follow all Health and Safety procedures.
What you'll need:
- Demonstrable culinary experience in a similar role
- Minimum NVQ L2 or equivalent in professional cookery (essential)
- NVQ L3 or equivalent in professional cookery (desirable)
- Knowledge of best practices for training kitchen staff and implementing kitchen procedures
- High level of creativity and reliability
- Flexible schedule required
- Familiarity with menu costing procedures
- Confident and approachable
- Good team work and can work well alone
- Calm under pressure during busy periods
What you'll get:
Our client will offer you a fantastic working environment with plenty of opportunity to make a difference each day. In addition, you will receive:
- £24,000 p/a
- 29 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing with continuous service (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Free parking
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Gym membership
To apply for this fantastic position please click on the apply button today!
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Business Support Manager
Senior Account Manager
Sales & Service Manager
Senior Account Manager
Client Relationship Manager
Join C2 Recruitment!