£25000 - £26000 per annum + Great Benefits
15 days ago
C2 Charity Recruitment
Flagship Dual Site Store Manager - Charity Retailer
Salary £26,000 per annum plus great benefits
Full Time 37.5 hours per week 5/7 days to include weekends
Are you an experienced commercial retail manager, looking for an exciting new role for 2024?
Our client is a well-established, growing charity retailer who are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity to manage 2 high profile stores in Hexham. In the role of Flagship Dual Site Store Manager, you will be instrumental in the growth of these two shops and ensuring the success of them in the local community.
Reporting into the Deputy Retail Operations Manager, you will play a vital role within the senior retail management team and have the commercial knowledge along with the drive and passion to drive these stores in Hexham to achieve their targets.
- Lead a team including a Deputy Manager, Retail Supervisor and part-time staff along with volunteers to achieve sales targets which support the work of the charity.
- To lead the recruitment/induction and training of staff and volunteers; to ensure optimum levels of support. To inspire and lead the team through ongoing coaching/development to maximise profit and provide outstanding customer service.
- Optimise resources to ensure the best mix of staff and volunteers at all times to reflect the daily and weekly needs of the store.
- Accountable for creating a positive working environment to ensure a motivated and valued team of staff and volunteers.
- Lead a team to create superior product displays, ensuring interiors and windows are attractive, inviting and modern; keeping up with wider trends in order to maximise sales.
- Accountable for all statutory Health and Safety requirements, including fire procedures and risk assessments.
- Optimise the stock process through developing efficient sorting, evaluating and pricing procedures; ensuring we sell in the most appropriate revenue stream i.e. shop floor, online or auction to maximise profit.
- Accountable for all admin tasks including but not limited to, financial paperwork, and gift aid are completed efficiently and accurately in line with financial policies.
- To organise and promote a series of ongoing internal and external events to add a new element to our income generation. This includes ensuring a regular voice in the wider community.
- To be a brand ambassador within the Hexham community and engaging regularly with local businesses and networks to promote events and volunteering opportunities.
- Working with the Fundraising Manager, identify and facilitate opportunities for corporate, schools and community engagement to generate new income generation initiatives.
- To work alongside the Retail Operations Manager to source and procure a range of new goods to complement our donated offer.
Skills and experience required:
- You will be an experienced retail/charity professional with proven management skills and experience in managing staff/ideally volunteers.
- You will have excellent customer service skills and can inspire teams to deliver customer service excellence.
- Knowledge of gift aid and how to drive this would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategic marketing and events plans
- Computer literate - including Microsoft Office and EPOS system
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills with the ability to provide clear direction and delegation
- Exceptional decision making and problem-solving skills to make quick decisions and resolve conflict
- Proven track record of achieving targets
- Experience with financial, sales and operational reports and how to interpret
- Experience with stock management and optimising sales
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and driven Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager/Shop Manager/Dual Site Manager/Cluster Manager to work with a dynamic and growing retail charity who really value their people.
If you feel this role would be ideal for you then please apply today with a copy of your CV.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
To view other great vacancies please visit out website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities in:
Buying & Merchandising and Ecommerce | Charity & Non Profit | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Hospitality, Catering & Leisure | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Office & Administration | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade and Luxury Operations | Senior Appointments & Executive | Sales & FMCG | Supply Chain & Logistics & Warehouse.