Estates Surveyor - Charity Retail- Remote
City of London
Head Office Appointments, Charity and Non-Profit Organisations
£40000.00 - £46000.00 per annum + + Car + Benefits
2 months ago
Estates Surveyor - Retail/Charity
Well established Non-Profitable Organisation
Salary up to £46,000 per annum dependant on experience plus great benefits including company car
Nationwide/Hybrid - Remote with expectations of travel across England & Wales to stores, as required
Are you an experienced Estates Surveyor/Head of Property looking for an exciting new challenge?
My client is a leading charity retailer, with 150+ stores across the breadth of the UK. We are currently recruiting for a newly created opportunity to join them in the role of Estates Surveyor.
Reporting into the Head of Property, the Estates Surveyor will manage the existing property portfolio. You'll work closely with the Head of Property to plan and develop the portfolio, in line with the strategic growth ambitions of opening new stores per year. You'll also manage leases, contract negotiations, acquisitions, disposals, repairs, sub-letting, financial arrangements and all associated administration.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role and will be hands on and bring to the role a real sense of ownership.
- Manage and liaise with letting agents, solicitors, contractors, suppliers, statutory bodies; communicating with all interested parties to completion of formalities of new acquisitions.
- Identify opportunities for resites and highlighting developments that may affect retail trading.
- Liaise and negotiate with landlords regarding any lease terms/responsibilities, managing the charities retail property portfolio with circa 160 operational shops.
- Liaise with landlords in respect of repairing obligations, works, licences ensuring co-ordination of prompt repairs.
- Liaise with the Health & Safety (compliance) Manager when required and follows up defects reported on H&S portal when required with landlords.
- To asset manage existing shops in order to reduce or minimise any increase in occupancy costs; monitor and challenge service and insurance charges against budget and terms of lease, including recording landlord's insurance rent schedules and providing advice upon claims. Checking and querying invoices where necessary.
- To control budgets in line with plan against costings and procurements.
- To effectively deal with all property management issues and lease queries.
Experience and skills required:
- Experience in a similar Estates Surveyor/Property Manager role dealing with leasehold retail premises.
- Experience of managing and developing a large property portfolio, inclusive of acquisitions, disposals, managing leases and landlord liaison.
- Working knowledge of maintenance and repairs.
- MRICS/ FRICS qualified
- Be prepared to travel nationwide and stay away overnight when required.
- An understanding of Charity Retail would be highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of compliance and health and safety would be of benefit.
- Excellent time planning and organisational skills.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you then please apply today for more information about this amazing opportunity…
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
C2 Recruitment is a Specialist Retail Recruitment Consultancy recruiting across the UK and Internationally. We Specialise in Buying & Merchandising and Ecommerce | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Hospitality & Leisure | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade and Luxury Operations | Senior Appointments & Executive | Sales & FMCG | Supply Chain & Logistics & Warehouse.