City of London
Up to £45045.00 per annum + Great Benefits
18 days ago
C2 Charity Recruitment
Retail Area Manager - London Based Charity
Salary £45,045 per annum + Travel Card
A fantastic opportunity to join a much-loved London based charity retailer as an Area Manager has arisen. We are looking for a commercially minded Area Manager that is passionate about maximising area sales and profits across their Charity Shops.
Reporting into the Head of Retail you will be responsible for maximising area sales and profits through the effective management of people, resource and budgets. This role is instrumental in making the shops the hub of the local community, acting as the face of the charity raising public awareness of the great work this charity does with residents and young people.
Retail Area Manager - The Role:
- Achieve agreed sales and profit targets, maximise profit through effective cost control
- Effectively analyse shop financial data to make informed commercial decisions
- Maintain a standard of excellence at all times with regard to customer service and supporter care across the area
- Generate quality donated goods through area driven initiatives and ensure effective distribution across the area to maximise income
- Ensure all shops comply with charity financial and administration procedures
- Achieve compliance on Health and Safety audits in all shops
- Engage with our wider communities to ensure our shops are at the heart of the community.
- Ensure the store teams are coached and developed and a succession plan is in place to support development and recruitment.
- Ensure Gift Aid is promoted throughout the store portfolio via the store teams.
- Ensure that a plan is in place to increase volunteer engagement within stores.
Retail Area Manager - The Person:
- Proven successful track record in multi-site Area retail management within the fashion retail or charity retail sector
- Proven experience of achieving sales and profit targets
- Excellent understanding of high street retail and fashion
- Ability to motivate and manage a diverse team
- Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Commercial awareness and excellent business judgement
- Strong ability to adapt and implement change with a flexible and proactive attitude
If you have experience within fashion retailing or charity retailing as an Area Manager and you are interested in working for a great charity who have a fantastic training and progression platform in place, please do not hesitate to apply today with your CV.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
To view other great vacancies please visit out website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities in:
Buying & Merchandising and Ecommerce | Charity & Non Profit | Design, Technical, Wholesale & Production | Finance | HR & Talent | H&S & Compliance | Hospitality, Catering & Leisure | Marketing, Digital & Technology | Office & Administration | Property & Centre Management | Retail, Trade and Luxury Operations | Senior Appointments & Executive | Sales & FMCG | Supply Chain & Logistics & Warehouse.