International Retail Recruitment, Retail Operations, Hospitality and Leisure...
In this article we look at the reasons why a candidate looking for a new job in retail should be using a specialist retail recruitment agency. Whatever stage you’re at in your retail career, having the right people guiding you through your job search can make the difference between finding a new role and finding the right role.
If you’re looking for a new job in retail, it goes without saying that you should be looking to use an agency that specialises in retail recruitment. A retail recruitment agency will have built up good relationships with a lot of the top retail brands and will know the retail recruitment process inside and out. They will also be able to give you careers advice if you need it and will be able to advise on the sort of salary you can expect.
A retail recruitment consultant essentially acts as the middle-man between you and the recruiter, firstly sending in your CV and then, if the recruiter likes what they see, arranging an interview. The retail recruitment consultant will help you prepare for the interview and give you lots of tips and pointers. These might range from providing you with directions to advising you on what to wear on the day. You should then be able to walk into that interview feeling totally prepared, with everything in place to succeed.
8 reasons why it pays to use a retail recruitment agency when looking for the next step in your retail career
1.Firstly remember that Recruitment agencies are free of charge for candidates. Recruitment Agencies get paid by their clients, meaning that you’re getting help for free!
2. A retail recruitment agency will give you access to jobs you might otherwise not find and will (with your agreement) put you forward for any relevant roles that come up.
4. Your retail recruitment consultant will give you expert interview coaching.
5. A recruitment agency will also give you constructive feedback from each interview and employer, which might not be something you’d necessarily get if you went directly to the recruiter.
6. A good retail recruitment consultant will often know just how much a company is prepared to pay for the right candidate. This means you won’t waste time applying for a role where the salary is lower than you’re prepared to accept but you’re hoping to be able to negotiate. On the other hand, it might make a job you weren’t going to consider because of the lowish advertised salary suddenly become a viable option.
7. A recruitment agency can help with other salary negotiations. Where a salary range is advertised, you the candidate might feel a bit embarrassed asking the recruiter for the top of the range figure (and possibly having your request rejected) but a recruitment agency can negotiate on your behalf. They can even negotiate on the whole package on offer.
8. Once you’ve secured the job, the role of your agency doesn’t stop there. They’ll handle all of the paperwork and other formalities, and liaise with your new employer to make sure everything is in place for your first day and beyond.
C2 Recruitment are celebrating 10 years success in Retail Recruitment this year. We are a boutique recruitment agency specialising in retail, hospitality & leisure recruitment. All of our consultants have sector specific retail backgrounds. If you get in touch with us today you’ll be assigned a consultant with direct experience in your sector – someone who really has walked in your shoes!