£8.00 - £8.43 per hour
10 months ago
Warehouse Operative -Telford
Hours: 40 per week
Salary: £8.43 Per hour
Our client, a well- known events and hotel group are looking for an experienced Warehouse Operative to help maintain high standards within the warehouse. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous warehouse experience. You will have the opportunity to assist the Warehouse Manager in the running of the stores department with a prime purpose to ensure equipment is checked in and out of stores.
- To work with the Warehouse Team in maintaining the Warehouse areas in a first class tidy and organised condition.
- To accurately pick and issue all equipment in line with the relevant pick / purchase requisitions and ensure these are logged appropriately using the current RMS stock system.
- To deliver equipment for client events to and from requested areas within appropriate timescales in accordance with event notes. This includes equipment dry hired by external clients and for external Stagecraftuk operations, when required.
- To ensure, post-event, that all equipment is returned, checked and booked into the Warehouse and put away ensuring highest level of organisation at all times and report any shortfall in returned or damaged equipment to the Warehouse Manager for follow-up. This includes equipment returned from external clients and Stagecraftuk external event* and all Stagecraft client product hires.
- To work alongside the Warehouse Team in receiving and despatching of goods and work with the wider internal operational departments in storing of goods for clients as directed.
- To work alongside the Warehouse Team in carrying out monthly, quarterly and annual stock takes of all equipment and consumables.
- To assist the wider Stagecraft team in the setting up of conference and meeting rooms working to information supplied both internally and external to TIC when absolutely necessary.
- To receive deliveries into Goods in and check/inspect for damage to, quantity and quality of items received.
- To adequately package all items for safe delivery to the customer.
- To be able to understand equipment categories and acquire the knowledge to assist internal Stagecraftuk departments to be able to deliver the correct components required.
- To ensure a very high standard of work at all times adhering to H&S guidelines at all times and ensuring the Warehouse area is kept free of hazards in accordance with Company Policy.
- To be responsible for all Health & Safety equipment issue cL i.e. safety shoes, harnesses, etc. Any damage must be reported immediately.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential, preferably within a similar industry.
- Essential to hold a full ctean UK driving licence and have the ability to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes.
- Reach and Counter Balance fork lift truck licences preferred* training/refreshing can be provided for the right candidate.
- Organised and methodical approach to work with good attention to detail. Knowledge and experience using Microsoft packages including email, excel and word.
- Previous usage of logistical software is desirable, training will be provided. Ability to make suggestions for improvement to assist with the development/progression of the Warehouse function. Team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then please apply today with your CV
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.