Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
Up to £26000 per annum
8 months ago
Swimming and Development Manager
Salary £26,000 per annum
My client is a customer focussed Leisure facility and I am looking for an enthusiastic Manager to join them the next phase of their journey to become the leading fitness provider in the area.
- To work closely with the Leisure Centre Manager to develop a coherent strategy for swimming, including the recruitment, development and mentoring of all swim teachers.
- To lead on the development and implementation of a wide ranging learn to swim development programme for Merthyr and Aberfan Leisure Centres to provide a pathway for all swimmers regardless of ability or background including preparing lesson plans in line with the ASA National Plan for Swimming teaching
- To develop the free swimming scheme to increase participation and work with Swimming Clubs to support a strong Swimming Pathway including linking lessons and to talent spot, plan and to deliver sessions for groups of Children
- To maintain records and write reports on pupil's progress and development, and to discuss progress with parents as required
- To explore other aquatic opportunities including water polo and biathlon, fitness classes, etc
- To build links with schools and local clubs and develop and run school holiday activities both as Swim camps and as part of a wider programme
- To ensure a safe and positive working environment through regular monitoring and auditing of health & safety practices and providing ownership of this for the area
- Working in a one to one basis by building relationships and trust between swimming teacher and manager.
- Delivering courses for various age groups, continually looking to progress their skills.
- Experience of delivering major development projects.
- Ability to work across numerous sites and venues ensuring services work together coherently and collaboratively to ensure a year round programme of high quality activities and events.
- Excellent commercial acumen and be highly proficient at budget setting, P&L management and KPI.
- ASA Level 2 Teaching Qualification, RLSS UK National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ).
If you are interested in working for a leading health and fitness brand who truly value their staff, and will invest whatever it takes to ensure that their people are happy and challenged then please apply today with your cv and covering letter to email@example.com
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.