£22000 - £24000 per annum + + benefits
19 days ago
Sous Chef - Boutique Cinema and Restaurant
Salary 22-24k (45 hour contract)
We are currently recruiting for a fantastic and very unique opportunity on behalf of our client. This marks the launch of a very exciting boutique cinema concept from one of the leading independent cinema companies in the UK. Offering an environment and level of service which is has a high attention to detail.
It is not just a cinema, but an F&B hot spot in its own right. The perfect place to host Parties, Events and, Private screenings. The venue combines the choice of the latest films shown in state of the art luxury screens, with a relaxed lounge / bar dining experience, serving food made from well-presented, high quality ingredients, with a bar holds a range of good quality lines, focusing on quality rather than quantity brands.
As Sous Chef you will be a role model to setting standards within the kitchen & being an ambassador. You will need to lead and adhere to Health & safety as well as Food safety practices at all times. As Sous Chef you will provide continued efficiency of the kitchen and production of consistent quality food.
The ideal candidate will have experience as a Junior Sous Chef or CDP within a high-volume, fresh food pub or restaurant and a proven track record of delivering the finest quality dishes. You will need to be motivated, enthusiastic and have a real passion for people in addition to great team leadership and development skills. Excellent knowledge of food, a warm personality and a creative flair are essential!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working across all areas of the kitchen and confidently managing the kitchen in the Head Chef's absence.
- Fresh food preparation, ensuring all meals produced are of the highest quality
- Developing new menus on a regular basis and sourcing produce from suppliers
- Ordering and stock control
- Ensuring that food safety and hygiene standards are adhered to at all times
Personal Skills & Qualities:
- Well organised and methodical
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- A good time keeper with the ability to demonstrate flexibility.
- A self-starter with previous experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Must have a thorough understanding of food hygiene, COSHH and Health & Safety procedures; a food hygiene certificate is preferred
- RIDDOR, HACOP, PEER;
- Must hold a qualification in professional catering (City & Guilds, BTEC or HND)
This is a fantastic opportunity to help open a brand new concept with potential future growth.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Business Support Manager
Senior Account Manager
Sales & Service Manager
Senior Account Manager
Client Relationship Manager
Join C2 Recruitment!