£20000 - £22000 per annum + + benefits
about 1 month ago
Job Title: Shop Manager
Salary: up to £22,000 per annum
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
With over 150 years' experience our client has an international reputation for its horticultural skills and expertise. Our client has an ambitious plan to continue their growth throughout 2019.
Shop Manager: The role
- You will be responsible for the Financial management of the shop; this includes assisting in the preparation and management of the budgets and analysing weekly sales performance and financial reports.
- Ordering of products as per seasonal requirements, liaising with suppliers and buyers accordingly.
- Merchandising to maximise sales opportunities, promoting stock in key areas as and when required.
- Stock management within the shop, such as monitoring wastage and discounting to achieve acceptable margins.
- Coordinating general assistants to ensure all areas are effectively maintained and merchandised as per company guidelines.
- Promoting the company values, leading by example, foster an honest and open environment where all staff feel able to contribute and communicate.
- Running meetings with staff to update and inform key information (promotions, targets, management messages etc.) as necessary.
- Identifying and coordinating staff development.
- Ensuring that all staff adhere to Health & Safety law and make any adjustments necessary to comply. Creating and maintaining a safe working environment for staff and customers and visitors to site ensuring the compliance with the company Health and Safety policy.
- Leading by example and promoting the highest standards of customer care and service both within your Department and the Garden Centre.
Shop Manager: The skills
- Management experience
- Strong team player with a "can do" attitude
- Great communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for providing the very best customer service.
- Work with energy, pace and passion.
- Ability to work autonomously
Shop Manager: The Benefits
- Working every other weekend
- Auto enrolment pension after three months.
- Free Parking.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- 31 days annual leave.
- 20% staff discount after three months.
- 50% discount in the Garden Centre Restaurant whilst working.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click the links below, attaching your CV and Cover Letter. We look forward to receiving your application!
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.