£30000.00 - £40000 per annum + Great Benefits
about 2 months ago
Senior Warehouse Manager
Salary £30,000 to £40,000 per annum dependant on experience plus great benefits
We are currently recruiting for a leading DIY and Trade business that are due to open a new Warehouse operation in Coventry. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager who is looking to join a growing business.
Reporting to the Managing Director you will have overall responsibility for ensuring the efficient operation of the Warehouse based in Coventry, and you will also manage a small team so people management skills are a must.
- Manage the overall operation of the warehouse, incoming product and delivery operation by initiating, coordinating, and managing operational needs in addition to staff supervision, personnel policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all warehousing operations, incoming and outgoing stock, and delivery requirements.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Lead and manage the inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with the Kerridge data system.
- Manage and maintain the physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts where appropriate; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by working with the Managing Director in preparing annual budgets; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintain warehouse resource by ensuring sufficient staffing numbers i.e. recruiting, selecting and training.
- Manage employees by coaching, developing employees and disciplining employees where necessary.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Warehouse Operation by accomplishing objectives as required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years previous experience in a senior Warehouse Management Position
- Proven people management skills
- Warehouse stock inventory control experience
- Excellent team working skills
- Proven time management ability
- interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Competent with Stock inventory IT systems
- Flexible and organized in prioritizing workload effectively
- Be physically fit
- Maintain good knowledge of health and safety policy and procedures at all times
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and driven Warehouse Manager to take on a brand-new Warehouse with a dynamic and growing business.
If you feel this role would be ideal for you then please apply today with a copy of your CV.
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.