£28000 - £32000 per annum + bonus
9 months ago
Restaurant General Manager
Up to £32,000 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen in South West London for an experienced Restaurant General Manager. Our client will most certainly offer variety to your day to day role.
Your role will be ensuring the day to day operational management of a busy fresh food Restaurant within a high end venue. You will maximize revenues, customer satisfaction, and people development and ensure a safe environment for all. Key areas of emphasis will be revenue generation, financial controls, demand creation & utilization, cost control and development of the team to deliver outstanding customer service.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Controlling costs in general and good staff relations as well as maintaining all legal and company health and safety standards
- Delivering strong management and customer service skills
- You will support and guide the kitchen team to achieve the highest attainable standards in terms of quality and variety of food, with fresh and winning seasonal menus
- Being fully conversant with the Restaurant operations and to efficiently manage the operation of all shifts.
- Keep up to date with the latest food trends and new openings in the vicinity and FD sector, conducting regular competitor visits to improve FD awareness and our offering
- To ensure that safety of the working environment in the department is maintained
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate
- Delegate and direct tasks to staff to meet all restaurant objectives
- Ensure the effective use of labour, across all service areas, complying with legal rota requirements and WTD
- Communicate company policy, standards and procedures to staff, ensuring staff adherence to these rules
- Determine staff needs and support the recruitment of staff
- To be actively involved in all staff related issues and to handle them in a professional manner
- To understand the need for training and development of all individuals and to take a proactive approach in training employees on their responsibilities regarding Kitchen skills ,Fire Safety, Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Customer Service
- Responsible for all departmental induction training and on the job training of new members of staff and also newly promoted staff
- Appraise annually providing succession, performance managing staff, as required
- Resolve food related customer complaints promptly
- Work experience is the most important requirement for executive chef positions, though a bachelor's degree in culinary arts or a related hospitality field is recommended
- Current knowledge and awareness of key issues affecting the hospitality and restaurant sector
- You must have experience in, costing, budgets, forecasting, hiring and staff training. You must also be able to recognise market trends and be ahead of the game.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply along with a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.