£20000.00 - £23000 per annum + Great Benefits
about 1 month ago
Blair Atholl, Perthshire, Scotland
Salary £20,000-£23,000 per annum dependent on experience plus benefits
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for a time served Painter and Decorator to join our busy and expanding Maintenance Team at this prestigious department store. The successful candidate would have a proven record in painting and decoration skills and be able to assist with snagging works and has a passion for detail in standards of workmanship. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits.
This is a full time permanent position.
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right colour or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
What we are looking for:
- Time Served Decorator.
- Must be reliable and have excellent time keeping skills.
- Must be able to work solely and as part of a team.
- Organised and have strong time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Accurate in keeping stock and supplies in order.
- An eye for detail and a passion for excellence is a must.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Career progression and learning and development opportunities
- Work life balance
- Being a part of a company whose values will give you a standard to aspire to and underpin who we are as a company and a community.
- Temporary accommodation
Please apply by enclosing a copy of your CV and covering letter.
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.