3 months ago
Operations Director - Service Sector
We are working in partnership with an innovative public service provider in Shropshire to recruit their new Operations Director. This will be a strategic role and you will drive the business forward by contributing to its commercial success including financial and budget control.
Operations Director - The Role
- Provide overall leadership for and management of all operational functions within the organisation.
- As a member of the Executive Management Team, contribute to the development of future organisational strategy and associated business planning seeking to embed coherent strategic and operational plans to further the organisation's vision and values.
- Empower and enable direct reports and the workforce to focus on quality service delivery, performance, training, mentoring and innovation.
- Review and develop all IT programs, systems and communications systems to meet the current and future needs of the Company managing any projects and delegating to fully utilise the skills and knowledge of the Operational Team.
- Lead on implementing the company strategy in terms of the workforce design, culture, behaviors and working practices and processes that will drive the strategy.
- Design, plan and cost the interventions that bring about the desired strategic change and will be able to place a financial value on the end state
- Participate in regular performance reviews of all core contracts, reporting performance trends and issues to service delivery
- Work closely with the Finance Director tracking and monitoring of contract income
- Ensure contractual and regulatory compliance
- Working closely with the Finance Director ensure a robust process is in place to agree capacity, financial and activity targets for each year. To monitor operational expenses with regards to the budget, attending any budget meetings as relevant
- To manage departmental budget including forecasting and make proposals for future budgets, attending any budget meetings as necessary
Operations Director - The Person
- Demonstrable experience of planning and implementing organisational culture change
- Prior experience in a leadership role at senior management level in a similar size organisation involving effective management of people, systems and policies
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering change
- Successful management of budgets/operations within tight financial circumstances and/or competing priorities
- A successful track record of developing and meeting key targets in the area of planning and performance management
- Evidence of building effective relationships with external stakeholders and partners
- Successful experience in the management of contracts and contractual performance
- Experience in leading continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Evidence of workforce planning and development. Leadership to motivate staff within a rapidly changing environment
- Strategic and creative thinking
- Strong analytical skills - ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Degree level or equivalent education
- Prince 2 practitioner or equivalent
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.