£26000 - £30000 per annum + benefits
2 months ago
Junior Buyer - Luxury Homewares and Gifts
£26,000 - £30,000 + bonus + benefits
One of the UK's leading homewares and gift companies is seeking to appoint a Junior Buyer to join their team in central London.
Due to the continued growth in their business they are seeking a dynamic Junior Buyer who has a true passion and understanding of the homewares industry/trends/interiors. Reporting to the Head of Buying, the successful candidate will own their own categories. They must successfully source new brands on a regular basis, develop and nurture relationships with core existing brands, renegotiate with new brands that expand, refresh and deepen our offering to keep it best in class.
Junior Buyer - The Role:
- Sourcing and presenting new brands to the Head of Buying, while also exploring the growth potential of key core brands
- Delivering product ranges to margin expectations through cost price negotiations, cost effective supply solutions
- Pro-actively identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability
- Negotiate commercially viable contracts under current company terms & build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers
- Hold regular supplier performance reviews, and contribute to future supplier strategies
- Ownership of category sample management for showrooms locations
- Evaluate market, sales history and customer information from showrooms together with forward trends to develop a department strategy - reporting back monthly
- Continually monitor market activity, including regular Competitive Shops, taking appropriate commercial action where necessary.
- Ownership of Buying critical path for delivery of new brands and seasonal newness
- Build knowledge of in-house reporting to understand best/worst performers
Junior Buyer - The Person:
- Solid experience in a similar role, ideally within the luxury/premium homewares sector
- A good understanding of product development and sourcing
- Drive and motivation to learn with a keen interest in homewares trends
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
To find out more about this exciting opportunity send your CV to John Anderson - Managing Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01743 770 280 / 07931 211 258
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.