South East England, England
£50000 - £55000 per annum + benefits
4 months ago
Head of Retail
Competitive Salary dependant on experience plus benefits
Lewes, East Sussex, South East England
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Retail to work with our client who operates a high end exclusive venue, in the heart of the Sussex countryside. This is a fantastic opportunity for a current Head of Retail or Head of Buying with retail experience who would like to work for a company where you can really make a difference and be involved in many different exciting areas.
The purpose of the role will be to develop and deliver a retail strategy to maximise profit generated from sales through multi-channel retailing and through other potential trading partners, which reflect and support the brand. You will be actively involved in also buying so this role does require experience across this area.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Lead the retail team to consistently meet sales and financial targets
- Drive sales by buying and commissioning relevant and niche high quality merchandise and art tailored to our customer base
- Grow retail operation by maximising e-commerce opportunities
- Analyse sales data to capitalise on trends and improve profitability
- Manage the retail team including performance, development and coaching to maximise delivery of sales targets
- Manage a wide range of external stakeholders including trading partners, designers, artists and curators.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven track record in developing a successful retail strategy and increasing sales in both a physical and online marketplace ideally in the position of Head of Retail
- Ability to spot retail and product opportunities that will enhance sales and profit
- Excellent negotiation skills for both buying (B2B) and selling (B2C)
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer service excellence
- Demonstrable experience of leading, managing and developing a retail team to achieve results
- Passionate about the luxury, high end retail sector
- Interest in the arts, theatre and opera
If you are an experienced Head of Retail with buying experience who is looking to work in a beautiful setting and you have an appreciation for the arts then this role could be for you!
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a stunning brand, if you feel you have the relevant experience, then please forward an up to date CV and cover letter through the above links.
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.