£50000 - £70000 per annum + benefits
over 1 year ago
Head of Production - Luxury Accessories
£50,000 - £70,000 + benefits
This role involves managing the Production team, which is responsible for the execution and communication of seasonal collection that aligns with the Production placement strategy; supports the Design vision and intent and meets or exceeds financial goals. The Head of Production will report to the Executive Collections Director of Merchandising, Sourcing and Development and will work within a cross-functional team that includes; Design, Product Development, Shipping, Merchandising, Sales, and Marketing to execute the seasonal product strategy.
The successful candidate must have a strong background in luxury international fashion and a comprehensive knowledge of product construction and all aspects of product development from sketch to sourcing and sampling to production. Strong leadership and people management experience is critical as are first class presentation and communications skills and an easy demeanour to connect with people at all levels within the business.
Head of Production - The Role
- Manage the Production team, overseeing and troubleshooting on their individual sectors and vendors they manage for Seasonal, Carry-Over, Runway, Corporate, Bespoke and Outlet collections.
- Manage end to end supply chain flow and critical path management, from PD handover, purchase order placement, pre-production changes, quality assessments, manufacture and shipping to DC, whilst adhering to company calendar with PD, Production team and Vendors.
- Responsible for the coordination of early bulk raw materials reservations and QC inspections and on-time deliveries.
- Manage end to end production process of all packaging requirements within the business.
- Working with PD department and team on assessing quality issues on any new products and materials and potential hazards and areas for testing.
- Clearly communicate the departmental vision, project objectives, and KPI's to senior leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Manage calendar to achieve on time placement dates to achieve on time delivery and financial plans.
- With the team, participate in on-going factory base performance reviews, and recommend improvements to factories to improve process and drive efficiencies.
- Ensure that production issues are resolved in a timely manner, root cause is determined and addressed appropriately, and that resolution is communicated to cross-functional teams.
- Identify opportunities in our current processes and develop solutions that will help improve and evolve the business.
- Recommend and influence improvements or process changes that have cross-functional impacts.
- Set, align and communicate departmental goals and coach staff to help meet departments' financial targets and strengthen supplier relationships.
- Sharing top down information that help the team make informed decisions around manufacturing.
- Resolving any manufacturing issues that may occur on in-store product quickly and with minimal financial losses.
- Manage relationships with global suppliers and ensure relationships are strengthened and there is a cohesive flow of communication.
- Create strategies to improve supply chain flow analysis and control at Vendors.
- Monitor and amend Vendor and Supplier quality manuals ensuring they are kept up to date with industry standards and adhered to by all vendors including inspections and issuing penalties when rules have been breached.
- Influence business partners to minimize and bring resolution to financial liabilities.
Head of Production - The Person
- Experienced in Production/Manufacturing non-apparel and preferably within the luxury fashion industry in the leather goods sector.
- Full understanding and working knowledge of Leathers, exotics and hardware.
- Extensive knowledge of Production: Manufacturing and product engineering, testing protocol, product integrity, Production cycle timeline, calendar management.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Web based applications
- SAP and PLM are desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of cross-functional dependencies.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to build effective relationships at all levels with strong influencing skills and a naturally empathetic nature.
This role is initially being recruited on a fixed term contract of 12 months to cover for a maternity leave.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity send your CV to John Anderson - Managing Consultant at email@example.com or call 01743 770 280 / 07931 211 258
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Recruitment is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within the industry to which they recruit meaning we truly understand your sector firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here