Lewes, East Sussex
£40000 - £45000 per annum + benefits
11 months ago
Head of Press & Communications - Exclusive Venue
£40,000 - £45,000 + benefits
I am currently working with a leading arts and entertainment venue in East Sussex seeking to appoint their new Head of Press & Communications to spearhead the delivery of their communications strategy and continue to raise the national and international profile of the venue.
Head of Press & Communications - The Role
Develop and deliver key messages & external communications strategy
- In response to the organisation's strategic plan establish key organisational messages and a plan to communicate across multiple channels.
- In close consultation with the Director of Communications create and deliver an external communications strategy that supports and enhances the organisation's reputation.
- Ensure internal stakeholders have a thorough understanding of the key messages and are equipped to use them consistently across all communications.
Manage press & public relations
- Deliver Press & PR campaigns to generate media coverage
- Manage & deliver campaigns with influencers & key opinion leaders across social media
- Manage relationship with media monitoring service providers and provide regular monitoring & analysis of all media activity to evaluate effectiveness and performance
- Deliver a highly-responsive and service-oriented press office for all media enquiries.
- Plan and deliver all news announcements including press nights, events and releases.
Develop relationships with external media partners
- Manage relationships with existing & cultivate new media partners
- Create and deliver editorial campaigns with media & broadcast partners.
Head of Press & Communications - The Person
Strategic communications skills & experience delivering effective campaigns
- Proven experience in developing and implementing communications campaigns across multiple channels at a senior & strategic level
- Direct experience of leading effective campaigns across social media channels.
- Proven experience of campaign 'activism' and ability to mobilise audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including copywriting.
- Experience and knowledge of campaign evaluation methods.
Media knowledge, understanding & experience
- Excellent knowledge of the media landscape, preferably with a strong network of media contacts.
- Understanding of building and sustaining online communities.
- Ability to think creatively about reactive and proactive content creation.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced marketing, PR or communications professional to take the next step in their career.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity send your CV to John Anderson - Managing Consultant at email@example.com or call 01743 770 280 / 07931 211 258
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.