Perth & Kinross, Scotland
10 months ago
Head of Department
Perthshire - Scotland
Salary dependant on experience plus benefits
An exciting opportunity to join an iconic department store as arisen.
My client is looking for an experienced Store Manager / Deputy Manager/ Sales Manager / Department Manager who is passionate to work within a premium customer service focused environment to be their Head of Department. You must be competent in leading and managing people, visual merchandising and commercial planning. Extensive experience within a customer focused environment and sound retail management experience within a clothing retail environment is required.
To be a successful Head of Department your responsibilities will be to effectively manage the day-to-day operation of the store and team to consistently achieve the store objectives and assist in achieving the business goals.
Head of Department Responsibilities:
- Organising and managing the day-to-day activities of all aspects of the Department.
- Managing the team and tasks of the Department.
- To continually develop the team by facilitating department training sessions and briefs.
- Engage the team to ensure they are working to the highest standards and meeting sales targets.
- Manage all performance management issues, including absence management.
- To passionately promote and drive Brand Image through extensive product knowledge.
- Manage the housekeeping of the department.
- Be responsible for all stock movements by liaising with the buying and warehouse teams.
- Maintaining our visually inspiring in-store and window displays to reflect the company brand and reputation.
Deputy Head of Menswear Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previously an established Store Manager / Sales Manager / Department Manager or similar positions.
- A thorough understanding of product seasonality.
- Management experience within the retail industry.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Demonstration of a good understanding of product seasonality.
- Experience of supervising, motivating and leading a team.
To apply for this role you will be a strong service and sales led Manager with the ability to build up strong customer relationships. You will have a creative eye with strong visual skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to manage in a successful and unique company in a stunning location with the very best products!
This position would suit an established and proven Store Manager, Deputy Manager, Sales Manager or Department Manager
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Recruitment is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within the industry to which they recruit meaning we truly understand your sector firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here