Bury, Greater Manchester
Up to £28000 per annum
9 months ago
Head Chef - Garden Centre
Up to £28,000 per annum
*No Evening Shifts*
Our client has a small group of Garden Centres each with their own identity selling a wide range of plants, garden products, leisure goods and with a popular Café that serves spectacular food. They pride themselves on giving the very best customer experience from entrance to exit and are devoted to the highest of standards. Currently going through a period of excellent growth, this is a fantastic opportunity to join an ambitious business and grow with them in their continued success, whilst also reclaiming their evenings! Shift patterns are usually 7-3 as the Café typically closes at 4:30pm.
Head Chef - The Person:
The perfect candidate will be hands on Head Chef with a can do attitude, fantastic communication skills, and great controls. Calm and fair with an eye for detail. You will also possess the following;
- Several years' experience leading a team within a fast-paced catering or restaurant environment.
- A passion for developing and expanding your culinary skills, and embracing new ideas.
- Have the ability to develop and mentor more junior kitchen staff, both individually and as part of an efficient, happy team
- Have leadership qualities, with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to act calmly and fast
- Strong financial acumen - you'll be confident handling budgets, forecasting and stock control
Head Chef - The Role:
- Manage a team of between 8-10 Chefs in a fast-paced environment.
- Working within the kitchen team to prepare salads, vegetables and sandwiches
- Cooking and baking hot food, sweets, pastries etc. when required
- Producing all food recipes to specification and recording any wastage/shrinkage in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensuring that all food is stored to the company's standards.
- Strictly adhering to all relevant food safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Liaising with Café Manager in regards to service and supply ordering.
- Undertaking any general cleaning requirements of the kitchen and restaurant
- Working as part of the kitchen and catering team and undertaking any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- Deputise for the Café Manager in the event that they are absent.
- Excellent customer service provided to customers and other staff
- Excellent standards of food preparation and housekeeping established and maintained
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven Head Chef to make a name for themselves with a rapidly expanding Garden Centre group. If you have the skills we are looking for and a passion for delivering exceptional standards and service, please apply with a copy of your CV and covering letter.
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.