£28000 - £30000 per annum + bonus and benefits
26 days ago
Plus £1000.00 profit based bonus per quarter!
Our client is a popular and vibrant Restaurant and Bar with Room in the heart of Shrewsbury Town Centre. Popular with locals and has become a tourist destination.
The establishment is popular for afterwork drinks and nibbles, weekend brunch, Lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and Sunday Roasts.
They are now hiring for an exciting Head Chef position to lead and motivate their already successful teams.
The Main Purpose of this Role
Working closely with the owner, the purpose of the Head Chef role is to maximise food sales and profitability by ensuring that every dish is prepared and served to our standards and we continue to attain a reputation for great quality, innovative food. The Head Chef should ensure that the kitchen operates to HACCP and Environmental Health standards and will ensure that the kitchen delivers finished dishes to the restaurant that meet laid down recipe and presentation standards, whilst also developing and growing an efficient and motivated team.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared and served to our specification for ingredients, preparation and presentation.
- Carry out spot checks on recipes, product freshness, HACCP standards and product presentation.
- Ensure that the kitchen and the kitchen team are set for success at Brunch, Lunch and Dinner services.
- Ensure that finished dishes are promptly sent to tables in the correct sequence according to the pass and in communication with the manager on duty
- Ensure that dry goods, refrigerated and frozen foodstuffs are kept at correct temperatures and that company HACCP standards and processes are maintained.
- Create daily specials to meet the company standard for quality, presentation, creativity and flavour.
- Ensure quality is monitored and consistently delivered through observation, attention to detail and interaction with both management, staff and guests.
- Ensure 100% availability of menu items at every brunch, lunch and dinner service through just in time ordering and accurate demand forecasting.
- Ensure that the close- down procedures are always followed, that all cupboards and storage areas are locked, and that the kitchen premises are always left secure.
- Ensure that due diligence records are kept up to date and that these are filed for 6 months for future reference.
- Ensure that the Kitchen is kept clean, safe and hygienic and operating within the legal and company requirements
- Hold overall responsibility for kitchen staffing levels, keeping them in line with business trends whilst maintaining the highest standards of service and quality and adhering to agreed labour budget.
- Ensure budgeted profit is achieved through training, communication and control with regard to food costs and controllable costs, including labour and consumables.
- Ensure that a weekly kitchen stock-take is carried out and to account for any discrepancies, variances or shortages.
- Ensure that there is adequate operational stock on hand for the business levels and to ensure that all service equipment is maintained correctly and that any maintenance issues are communicated swiftly to the General Manager or Senior Manager on duty.
- Ensure that food invoices are submitted and that orders are placed just in time, minimising food stock holding and maximising menu availability.
Specific Competencies for this Role
- Planning and organising self and others
- Commitment to quality and standards
- Team working and Team development
- Customer and commercial focus
To apply for this fantastic position please click on the apply link today
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Business Support Manager
Senior Account Manager
Sales & Service Manager
Senior Account Manager
Client Relationship Manager
Join C2 Recruitment!