Up to £37500 per annum + bonus + excellent benefits
25 days ago
General Manager - Hospitality & Entertainment Venue
£37,500 + bonus + excellent benefits
Our client is an entertainment and hospitality operator with a portfolio of cinemas and leisure destinations across the UK, offering a diverse range of films alongside a quality food and beverage operation and state of the art leisure activities. They have experienced fantastic growth over the last 10+ years, and with many new openings in the pipeline this is a truly exciting time to join the company.
We are currently recruiting for a General Manager who will be fully accountable for all aspects of their venue's performance by taking a commercial approach that balances the guest experience with the financial needs of the business. The ideal candidate will have experience working within a multi revenue stream operation within cinema, leisure or hospitality and will be skilled in motivating and leading teams; demonstrating what exceptional service looks like and inspiring others to do the same.
- Analyse financial and operating information for the venue on an ongoing basis in order to measure productivity and achieve daily, weekly and periodical financial targets including sales, EBITDA, gross profit and labour.
- Understand, interpret and improve the various elements which make up revenue including ticket sales, F&B spend, event and private hire and spend per head.
- Deliver an exceptional guest experience by acting as a role model to the site team and continuously exhibiting a high level of service and attention to detail.
- Follow stock control procedures and guidelines; undertake weekly and monthly stock takes, analyse variances and take corrective actions as required.
- Ensure film scheduling & content programming for the cinema is planned in a way that maximises admissions.
- Oversee efficient and effective recruitment, onboarding and training of the team.
- Maintain a high employee retention rate through effective communication, team meetings, training, regular appraisals, monthly 1 to 1's with direct reports and consistent reward, recognition, coaching and mentoring.
- Take ownership in the training and development of the management team.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Food Safety, Health and Safety, Fire Safety and licencing law in a compliant and safe manner, achieving the audits scores possible.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the local community, businesses and local media, and identify and develop opportunities to create events to add value to the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company that offers excellent benefits and can provide further development If you have the skills and experience that we are looking for, please apply directly to this advert with an up to date CV.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.