4 months ago
Event Manager -Telford
Salary: Competitive Salary
Our Client has a fantastic, new and exciting position for an exceptional Events Manager to join the team! This is a very fast paced environment and they are seeking someone who is used to running large scale events. You will need to have at least 1 years' experience in a similar role.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Hours are 40 per week worked across a variety of shifts including early starts, late evenings and weekend working. Additional hours will be necessary to fulfil the job role for which lieu time will be provided in accordance with the rules on lieu.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To assist with the smooth running of the Operations Department liaising with clients to discuss their requirements ensuring all relevant departments are communicated with to ensure the highest standard of service is delivered ensuring clients' needs are met.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To liaise closely with the Sales Department in respect of events taking place at the Venue
- To meet with clients to assist with the planning / managing of events and to discuss their requirements.
- To up sell additional products / services wherever possible.
- To liaise with other TIC departments to ensure organiser's requests are fulfilled and involve HOD's in planning meetings with clients as and when necessary.
- To liaise with key suppliers and contractors for services.
- To produce and issue Event Notes to all relevant departments, ensuring highest degree of accuracy and precision.
- Use Visio package for drawing floor plans.
- To chair Internal Planning Meetings to instruct departments of event requirements as and when required.
- To work during events as required and to act as a co-ordinator between clients and all operational departments to ensure the smooth running of an event.
- To ensure clients are quoted correctly and budgeted costs for events are achieved.
- To pass on correct information to the accounts department for invoicing ensuring accounts procedures for purchasing are adhered to at all times.
- To comply with and act in accordance with all Company fire regulations and to adhere to the Company's fire policy.
- To act in accordance with all Health and Safety and hygiene regulations and to adhere to the Company's Health & Safety Policy.
- To attend all statutory training when required and to be up to date on all appropriate SEG Intranet training modules.
- To arrive at work at the correct time and in the correct uniform ensuring it is in immaculate condition.
- To behave in a friendly and hospitable manner to all clients, colleagues, contractors and suppliers.
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.