Birmingham, West Midlands
£26000 - £28000 per annum + benefits
4 months ago
Event operations Manager (Birmingham)
Our client is on the look out for an exceptional Events Operations Manager. This is an extremely exciting and rewarding role
The aim of your job is:
- To manage the operational aspects of conferences and events to lead on customer liaison for all events in theatre spaces
- To encourage and develop customer loyalty & retention
- To administer all aspects of the events business
- To maximise profit margins in all areas of the events operation
- To communicate the brand values of the organisation
- To provide excellent customer service to customers and visitors to The REP & LoB
What your main duties cover
- Provision of excellent customer service to clients and visitors to events in the theatres and other events spaces.
- Take and record accurately all final details from clients and ensure they are communicated effectively.
- Efficient and effective communication with relevant theatre departments and the client on all operational matters relating to events in theatre spaces.
- Ensure the smooth and safe running of operations for all events
- Management of staffing for all events, including rota for casual and agency staff, observing maximum economies whilst maintaining service standards
- Ensure good housekeeping of all events spaces.
- Meet and greet clients on arrival and provide building inductions
- .Be active and competent in the use of Artifax to manage event & resource bookings.
- Brief supervisors and staff for each event, ensuring all are aware of the company's customer service standards and brand values
- Ensure that all staff undertake necessary post-event administration; timesheets stock sheets, event reports.
- Serve alcohol, wines, beers and other beverages within the constraints of the Licensing Law Act, observing full compliancy with the Premises Licence and acting as DPS/Duty Manager
- Be fully conversant with the Premises Licence and operate all events within the conditions of that licence and adhere to all legislation including The Food Safety Act, Health and Safety at Work Act, the COSHH regulations
- Ensure that any maintenance issues are dealt with or reported to the Theatre Operations Manager and LoB maintenance team
- Ensure regular and timely communication between events operations, events administration and caterers in order to ensure delivery.
- Maintain adequate stocks of alcohol, soft drinks plus any necessary foodstuffs and consumables; undertake stock reporting
- Undertake risk assessments of all event activity
- Maintain good working relationships with the caterers to mutual benefit
- Develop and cultivate relationships with new contacts for the organisation
- Implement effective and robust systems throughout the organisation to support event activity
- Assist with event planning and production of function sheets where required
- Support and promote all company policy, with specific attention to Equality & Diversity, Customer Care, Health & Safety, Data Protection & Safeguarding
- Ensure a safe working environment is maintained at all times with particular regard to the health, safety and welfare of customers, visitors, staff and yourself
- Support the organisation and its staff through the effective use of the performance management system
- Any other reasonable duties required for the smooth running of the UVB operation
- You will need to be an excellent communicator with very strong negotiating skills.
- The ideal candidate needs to have the Ability to deal tactfully with sensitive information and work diplomatically with a wide diversity of people.
- You will need to display a professional attitude with a commitment to delivering the highest quality of work and engendering high standards from others.
- Meticulous approach to tasks, which, once started, are then successfully completed.
- Attention to detail especially where planning events.
- Creative aptitude and the ability to think laterally about issues and problems
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and take initiative where appropriate.
- Team worker able to organise and motivate others
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
Work related experience:
- A good track record in managing multiple tasks, working to deadlines and responding well under pressure.
- A two to three years' experience of working in a busy events department in the corporate sector. Demonstrable achievements in successfully delivering events
- Demonstrable solid experience of staff management.
- Experience of dealing with people effectively and diplomatically.
- Experience of budgetary management and control.
- Experience of database management and research.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, specifically Word, Power Point and Excel.
If you wish to apply for this role please send your CV . You can also contact Carrie stating the job title on 01743 770 280
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.