West Midlands, England
£13.46 - £15.38 per hour + overtime
2 months ago
ELECTRICAL MECHANICAL ENGINEER
FULL TIME - 40 HOURS PER WEEK, MONDAY TO FRIDAY (SHIFTS OF 6AM- 2PM AND 2PM-10PM)
FLEXIBILITY TO WORK OVERTIME AT WEEKENDS REQUIRED
PAY RATE - £13.46 - £15.38 PER HOUR (DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE)
OVERTIME PAYABLE AT TIME AND A HALF
Our client is a rapidly developing business in the renewable energy sector, operating a state-of-the-art Anaerobic Digestion Facility with an annual processing capacity of 75,000 metric tonnes and producing renewable energy from a combination of food wastes and purpose grown energy crops. As experts in environmentally friendly food waste disposal solutions, our client boasts patrons from many of the UK's major manufacturers, retailers and distributors.
The successful candidate will be pivotal in facilitating the smooth running of the engineering department, proactively and efficiently performing a variety of general mechanical engineering and electrical tasks, while ensuring the plant is maintained to the highest possible standard. Candidates must be competent in adhering to health and safety procedures while performing their role and ensure that the workshop and plant are maintained in an orderly fashion, as well as being flexible with their working hours while possessing the ability to be on call to resolve issues on site as and when required.
To be considered you must hold a minimum Electrical NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent, and possess knowledge and experience in completing typical mechanical engineering and electrical maintenance, installation and fault-finding tasks. Experience of working in an engineering or production environment would be beneficial, as well as being able to demonstrate your ability to successfully and satisfactorily meet targets and deadlines for tasks instructed to you.
- Ensure the smooth running of the plant in order to achieve high levels of productivity
- Perform general mechanical engineering tasks, including drilling, welding and grinding
- Perform electrical maintenance, installation and fault-finding tasks
- Complete tasks safely, in accordance with the company's health and safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and tidy workshop and plant by clearing up after completing tasks
- Assume responsibility of being on call and resolving issues on site, out of hours
- Record daily readings of the Anaerobic Digestion plant flexibly during the week and weekend, as and when required
- Adhere to the company's standards of practice at all times
- Experience and knowledge of mechanical engineering and electrical maintenance related tasks
- Highly motivated individual
- Ability to prioritise work and work independently
- Comprehensive problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experience of compliance with health and safety processes and procedures
- Driving licence holder with own transportation
To apply for this fantastic position please click on the apply tab today!
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.