10 months ago
Duty Manager (Food and Beverage)
Our client is looking for an experienced Food and Beverage Floor Manager, to ensure
smooth & efficient running of all areas of the Food and Beverage department.
The aim of the role is to ensure all services required by guests are dealt with in a timely
manner, with maximum emphasis on exceeding guest expectations. To ensure all Food and
Beverage staff are fully trained and adhere to company standards as per the Standards Of
To ensure all till standards, cash up procedures and billing practice as per the SOP's are
HOURS OF WORK: Permanent - 30 hours per week with additional hours required particularly during busy event times
- To Manage Front of House (FOH), Back of House (BOH) and Retail Catering and any other aspects of the Food and Beverage department deemed your control by Senior Management, ensuring all events run efficiently.
- To ensure all staff are trained and are adhering to weights and measures act 1985.
- Responsible for implementing and reviewing the SOP manual, with particular attention to FOH, BOH and Retail Catering.
- To train all Food and Beverage staff according to the SOP manual ensuring all training is documented, with special attention to: 1) FOH: setting up, during service, cleaning and breaking down or re-setting, 2) BOH: setting up, during service, stock room procedures, COSHH and final sanitising of the machine and 3) Retail Catering: setting up, during service, up-selling, cleaning and breaking down or re-setting.
- To assist with interviews and training of Casual Food & Beverage staff and to ensure staff members behave in accordance with regulations and policies as described in the staff handbook.
- Responsible for on the job and class room based staff training and monitoring, ensuring the correct documentation is completed.
- To ensure all Food and Beverage staff are briefed prior to functions ensuring they have the correct equipment and information to do their jobs efficiently.
- Responsible for Supervisors, Team Leaders and Casual Service Assistants, offering assistance and guidance to them when needed. Including appraisals, job chats, disciplinary's, on the job training etc.
- Responsible for staff presentation, ensuring all staff are dressed accordingly, that the uniform book is being completed and ensuring the control & issuing of uniforms is maintained.
- Responsible for all food and beverage storage areas, ensuring they are clean, well maintained and that the first in first out (FIFO) rule is being adhered to as according to food hygiene level 2 training.
- To ensure Food, Liquor, Disposables and Confectionary stock takes are counted as per the Period End Financial calendar. That the stock count is entered into Optimum Control and any discrepancies investigated and reported to Senior Management.
- To ensure the confectionary and disposable products have been ordered by the FOH Supervisor. Ensuring all products have long dates on and that the FIFO rule is being strictly adhered to. Ensuring all of the mentioned stock is kept to an acceptable holding level as agreed with Senior Management.
- Responsible for quarterly cutlery and crockery stock take, ensuring Senior Management have accurate data and any shortfalls are explained.
- Responsible for cleanliness & maintenance of food and beverage equipment, ensuring that prior, during and after all and equipment is cleaned and stored away correctly. Ensuring cleaning schedules are completed and all breakages are recorded and any faults are reported to Senior Management.
- Responsible for ensuring a monthly deep clean is completed and documented
- Responsible for additional bills on events, ensuring the correct documentation is completed legibly, signed by the event client / organiser and filed in the correct event docket.
- Responsible for ensuring cash up procedures including individual accounts, debit/credit card and any voucher systems are being adhered to. Ensuring correct documentation is completed legibly, signed and filed in the correct folder and the takings are entered into the cash up book.
- Responsible for ensuring cross-site billing procedures are being adhered to, and ensuring the correct documentation is completed legibly, signed and filed in the correct folder and the takings are entered into the correct part of the cash up sheet.
- To deal efficiently with guest complaints and to resolve issues in a professional manner. To be aware of company procedures and policies regarding drunk, abusive or threatening guests and to ensure staff are trained in these areas and training is documented.
- Responsible for checking event notes, ensuring the demographic of the guest is represented. Attending meetings involving events and ensuring post event notes are completed after each show within a maximum of five working days.
- Responsible for the uniform store room and ensuring the washing, ironing and maintaining the uniforms
- To represent the Food and Beverage department in external meetings such as client visits and food tastings when required
- Full responsibility of stand catering, ensuring payment is collected and that all goods are delivered to the correct stand in a timely manner
- Responsible for the stock take and ordering of laundry for events. Ensuring that full control of incoming and outgoing laundry is maintained at all times. Completing correct documentation and maintaining the cleanliness of the laundry room
- To attend all statutory training when required and to be up to date on all appropriate SEG Intranet training modules.
- To assist at other properties in the group as and when required
- To arrive on time for work & to be in correct uniform as provided & for it to be in pristine condition, maintaining a high standard of personal hygiene at all times as stated in the SOP manual.
- To follow and implement current and new standards as set by Senior Management.
- To ensure food & beverage is delivered in a timely manner and to the correct standard as stated in the SOP manual.
- To set up / break down and manage all aspects of food & beverage, ensuring food and beverage budgets and costs are controlled and wastage is kept to a minimum as stated in the SOP manual.
- To act at all times in a professional manner to staff and guests.
- To ensure that all food and beverage equipment is maintained and kept clean at all times. Cleaning schedules are completed and breakages are recorded. Faults are reported to Senior Management.
- To ensure all areas are locked & secure at all times.
- To act in accordance with company and fire, COSSH, health & safety, food hygiene & security regulations & to attend all staff training as instructed.
- When off-site represent the company in the best light possible and conduct all duties as per the company handbook and follow any instructions or additional SOP's as given by the client.
- To have a common sense approach to all tasks and to use initiative as necessary.
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.