£5.90 - £7.83 per hour
4 months ago
Commis Chef- Telford
Salary: £7.83 Per hour
Our client, a well- known events and hotel group are looking for a Commis Chef to help maintain high standards within their kitchen and support the day to day food service alongside the rest of the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to develop their career and work over a multi functioning site. You will gain excellent experience of catering for functions as well as the day to day food preparation within the hotel.
This is a hands-on role and the successful candidate must be flexible to work a variety of shifts.
- To maintain the required level of hygiene standards as laid down both legally and by the Holiday Inn standards manual.
- To maintain your personal equipment used to fulfil your job i.e. knives, shoes to the required standards
- On a daily basis check with the Senior Chef on duty as to the work that needs to be carried out that day.
- To carry out all mis en place needed, whether on a breakfast, lunch or evening service to the standards as laid out, cook dishes to highest standard and to spec and ensure highest standard of presentation to the customer ensuring customer satisfaction and positive feedback.
- To support colleagues at all times to ensure team-work is maintained, helping to supervise and train Apprentices.
- To ensure work area is kept to a hygienic and safe state at all times as in 1.
- To ensure that you follow the HACAPP, Hotel Food Safety rules, Basic food hygiene regulations, White book procedures at all times.
- Ensure you check your section/fridges each day and ensure all food is stored correctly, dated, and use the data labelling to use food by or ensure disposed of.
- To record all wastage
- To ensure staff food used is recorded as well as staff feeding wastage.
- Assist in the smooth running of the kitchen service.
- To control a given section to the standards as laid down.
- To participate and contribute in department meetings with your ideas, and menu suggestions.
- Report any illness, open sores, diarrhoea, vomiting, and nausea, to the chef in charge or the duty manager.
- To be aware of hotel and departmental objectives and assist in achieving them.
- To participate in all hotel and department training and development opportunities.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then please apply today with your CV
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.