Bury, Greater Manchester
£18000 - £20000 per annum
9 months ago
Chef - Fresh Food Garden Centre - NO EVENINGS
Salary: £9.25 per hour / 40 hour contract
My Client offers a fantastic opportunity to be part of a small family-owned garden centre group based in the North West.
- every 3rd/4th weekend off
- Sociable working hours
- Great progression opportunities
Principal Accountabilities/Key Results Areas
- Working within the kitchen team to prepare salads, vegetables, sandwiches & cakes
- Cooking and baking hot food, sweets, pastries etc. when required
- Producing all food recipes to specification and recording any wastage/shrinkage in accordance with company guidelines
- Ensuring that all food is stored to the company's standards.
- Strictly adhering to all relevant food safety and hygiene regulations at all times.
- Notify Café Manager of problems immediately.
- Undertaking any general cleaning requirements of the kitchen and restaurant
- Working as part of the kitchen and catering team and undertaking any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- Deputise for the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Manager in the event that they are both absent.
- Excellent customer service provided to customers and other staff
- Excellent standards of food preparation and housekeeping established and maintained
- Be aware of gross margin expectations and produce meals that meet this.
- Record all wastage.
- Safeguard Company property against theft, loss or abuse at all times
- Vigilant and attentive at all times whilst on Company premises, informing senior personnel of anything suspicious
- Control loss or damage to stock through due care and attention
- Maintain harmonious and co-operative relationships with customers, catering and garden centre staff alike at all times.
- Be aware of the business plan and actively work to achieve relevant goals
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.