Birmingham, West Midlands
£22000.00 - £23000.00 per annum + benefits
6 months ago
Grill Chef / Chef De Partie
Salary up to £23,000
Our client, an exceptional Spanish themed restuarant are looking for a Grill Chef / Chef De Partie to help maintain high standards within their kitchen and support the day to day food service alongside the rest of the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to develop their career.
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers,, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant's standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Grill, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and serve food to servers or guests.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Two or more years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Able to communicate effectively with managers and kitchen personnel
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds
Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours)
If you are interested in working for a truly wonderful and unique company who value their staff, and will invest whatever it takes to ensure that their people are happy and challenged then please apply today with your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at email@example.com and we will respond to your query within 48 working hours.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.