Coventry, West Midlands
£28000 - £30000 per annum
7 months ago
Salary up to £30,000 per annum based on experience
Fantastic opportunity for a Buyers Analyst to join a leading footwear/footcare retailer based at their head office in Coventry.
Reporting to the Head of Buying you will be responsible for maximising sales and profit of the footwear and accessories departments through accurate planning, effective stock management and consistent monitoring of performance.
You will need to have extensive analytical experience in a retail supply chain environment and experience in advising and mentoring junior members of the team is essential.
- Setting up, maintaining and analysing WSSI's regularly at department/product/supplier and line level.
- Optimising store performance with effective replenishment and strategic allocations.
- Controlling stock levels in stores using forecasted sales.
- Planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts for new ranges.
- Planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction working closely with Head of Buying.
- Work to create buy-sheets, being mindful of minimising freight costs.
- Analysing and presenting trade weekly to Team Heads and Group Managing Director and reacting to latest sales data.
- Analysis of key attributes to optimise sales.
- Strategy planning and category management.
- Monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary.
- Developing and maintaining successful relationships with suppliers.
Skills and experience:
- 2:1 or above University Degree or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of working in an analytic role across a variety of product or companies is essential.
- Expertise in WSSI and stock management, able to foresee immediate and future stock concerns and communicate the risks and opportunities these present.
- Knowledge of supply chain, able to manage stock into the warehouse and out to stores in the most cost effective manner.
- Numerical ability, to work out budgets and interpret sales figures, presenting this back in a clear and concise way.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, email and the Internet. In particular Excel, full range of formulae use is essential. Must be able to set up analytical reports in Excel from scratch and maintain existing complex reports.
If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then please apply today with your CV and covering letter…..
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.