City of London
£25000.00 - £28000 per annum + Great Benefits
4 months ago
Based at Head Office situated in Kennington, London (Flexibility regarding working arrangements for the right candidate)
Salary between £25,000-£28,000 per annum dependant on experience plus great benefits!
My client is a vibrant, humorous card, gift & stationery retailer.
An amazing opportunity as arisen for an Assistant Merchandiser. This is a great time to join this dynamic and growing retailer!
My client is looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join the Product team. You will manage one of the key categories, being accountable for the day to day analysis of range performance. You will work closely alongside the Category Buyer, making recommendations to the wider team. Your analysis will need to ensure new and existing ranges are both commercial and profitable for the business in line with both the category and company strategy.
- Management of the Weekly Sales Stock & Intake, ensuring delivery of business sales, budget targets and profit
- Responsible for model line proposals on everyday and seasonal stock, broken down by different areas
- Accountability for forecasting at line level by week and month to ensure accuracy for sales and stock intake, and flag any risks to the P&L
- Management of purchase orders in line with SKU forecasts and production/delivery lead-times
- Analysis of any historical sales data to identify and propose opportunities
- Financial rollup of new ranges and presenting to the Senior Management team within the business
- Working with the Buyer to manage product life cycle and suggesting markdowns on high stock levels, clearly highlighting impact to P&L
- Support and manage the Allocations team for stock recommendations to stores
What you'll need
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Strong commercial awareness, preferably in the Card, Wrap and Gifting market
- Numerical and analytical skills with confidence in forecasting
- Ability to work with internal and external parties
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience working in a retail merchandise planning environment is a must
If you are currently an Assistant Merchandiser looking for a new challenge then please apply today!
By applying for this role, you are consenting for us to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.