Coventry, West Midlands
£19000 - £20000 per annum
5 months ago
Salary up to £20,000 per annum based on experience
Leading Footwear/Footcare Retailer!
Fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join a leading footwear/footcare retailer based at their head office in Coventry.
Reporting to the Head of Buying you will be instrumental in providing crucial support to the Buyer. Taking an active role in managing suppliers, monitoring deliveries, making trading suggestions and maintaining an organised sample library.
- Meeting with suppliers and able to talk about product and store performance.
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products.
- Managing suppliers through critical path, communicating effectively to ensure deadlines are met.
- Creating products so they are ready for launch.
- Liaising with other departments within the organization to ensure projects are completed.
- Create the product manual and training material for support office and store colleagues.
- Liaising with store colleagues to ensure product and collection meets demand.
- Process purchase orders and ensure deliveries are made on time.
- Process performance of all stock lines.
- Supporting the buying team completing general admin on an ad-hoc basis
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a Buying department is essential and preferably experience working with both own label and brand.
- A good understanding of the supply chain and expert at working in a fast paced environment, able to prioritise tasks effectively
- Clear defined understanding of critical path
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including excel
- Reliable and flexible
- The ability to cope with the pressure of fast-paced work
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- College/degree qualification in Buying or relevant subject
- Must be prepared to travel within UK
If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then please apply today with your CV and covering letter…..
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist Retail, Hospitality and Leisure recruitment consultancy recruiting across the whole of the UK.
By applying for this role, you are consenting for C2 Recruitment to hold and process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. If you have any questions or wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict the holding or processing of your data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your query as soon as possible.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.